Course InformationYouth Mental Health First Aid (YMHFA) is an internationally recognised course designed specifically for people who work with, live with or support young people aged for 8 – 18. Scroll down for more info
Youth Mental Health First Aid (YMHFA) is an internationally recognised course designed specifically for people who work with, live with or support young people aged for 8 – 18.
YMHFA teaches practical skills that can be used every day. It will help participants to be able to spot the signs and symptoms of mental health problems and give them the confidence to reassure and support a young person in distress.
The course is split into 4 manageable sessions:-
- What is Mental Health
- Depression and Anxiety
- Suicide and Psychosis
- Self-Harm and Eating Disorders
Through a mix of group activities, presentations and discussions, each session is built around a Youth Mental Health First Aid Action Plan. During the course you will learn how to:
- Spot the early signs of a mental health problem in young people
- Feel confident helping a young person experiencing a problem
- Provide help on a first aid basis
- Help protect a young person who might be at risk of harm
- Help prevent a mental health illness from getting worse
- Help a young person recover faster
- Guide a young person towards the right support
- Reduce the stigma of mental health problems
On completion of the course you will get Youth MHFA manual to keep and refer to whenever you need it and a certificate to say you are a Youth Mental Health First Aider
Mental Health First Aid England value this course at £300. We are able to offer this course at a reduced rate.
Book your place...
Youth Mental Health First Aid