This scheme helps residents manage in cold conditions.
Throughout the winter months we provide the following:
- Distribution of free room thermometers with a freephone number
- Advice on keeping active and healthy in the winter months
- Benefit entitlement check
- Mailout by Welfare Rights Service to elder residents to check on entitlement, refer on to other support services and refer them for a ‘flu jab if they’re eligible
- Signposting to the extensive range of Greenwich Healthy Living Services such as exercise, healthy eating and support to quit smoking
- Support on how to switch to the Big London Energy offer.
Those identified as in real need or crisis are provided with a blanket, a heater or referred to other appropriate services.