Help for vulnerable residents to stay warm and healthy.
We can provide a support package to help vulnerable residents stay warm and healthy during the colder months.
If you are a health professional dealing with vulnerable groups, or you are concerned about a neighbour or relative, you can make a referral using the form below.
Keeping warm over the winter months can help prevent colds, flu or more serious health conditions such as heart attacks, strokes, pneumonia and depression which affect more vulnerable people. The chances of these problems are higher for these vulnerable groups:
- elderly or frail people
- people with a long-term health condition
- people with a mental illness
- people with a disability (long or short-term)
- people with a cardiovascular disease
- people with a respiratory disease
- families on a low income with children ages under 5.
Our South East London Advice and Referral Network provides support packages to those most in need. A referral to the scheme provides people with a free winter home, financial and health support package including:
- home energy visit offering advice and energy saving measures
- handyperson service
- free fire safety checks
- benefit checks
- grants and discounts for heating improvements
- help with debts
- falls assessment to reduct the risk of falls amongst vulnerable people
- free eye tests for housebound residents
- befriending services
- London taxicard (subsidised taxi journeys for people with limited mobility)
- support for people with disabilities
Who is eligible for the scheme?
The scheme is available to residents living in Bexley, Bromley, Greenwich, Lewisham or Southwark who are vulnerable to the cold. People can be referred by someone who knows them such as a health professional, socual worker, carer, neighbour, relative etc.
How do I make a referral?
Complete the online referral form.