Take on the challenge to walk, run or cycle 50 miles in June.
Get active and raise £50 to support CACT's health and wellbeing projects.
How does it work?
Pledge to walk, run or cycle at least 50 miles during June. You can choose to do just one of those or mix it up and reach your 50 mile target with a combination of walking, running and cycling.
Measure your miles by keeping a log or using Strava.
Set up a JustGiving page and ask your friends and family to sponsor you. We're asking everyone who takes part to raise at least £50 - a pound for every mile you complete!
Join the Move in June Facebook group to meet other people who are taking part in the challenge and keep motivated.
Share your experiences on Twitter and Instagram #MoveInJune
What difference will you make in the community?
As well as motivating you to get active, the Move in June challenge will help people in our community to access health and wellbeing support. All the funds you raise will help us keep running our life-changing programmes, helping people like:
Emile - who attends our Extra Time hub, which reduces social isolation and helps older people get active
Mahala - who went on our Next Steps mental health residential
A few tips to keep safe while doing your challenge:
- Always follow government guidelines around social distancing and where you can exercise
- If you're going out by yourself, let someone know where you're going and when you'll be back - and take a phone with you if possible
- Always use appropriate footwear and wear a helmet if you're cycling
- Plan for the weather - wear appropriate footwear, sun protection and stay hydrated
- Pace yourself and only take on a sensible challenge on any day - there is a month to complete your 50 miles!
- Seek medical advice if you are exercising with a pre-existing medical condition or returning from injury