NCS (National Citizen Service)
A youth programme like no other. Designed specifically for 16 and 17-year-olds, the NCS experience will give you a clearer idea of what you want from your future.
Why should I do NCS?
NCS is the summer that turns no we can’t into no we can. NCS brings people together from different backgrounds to share an experience of a lifetime.
Over two weeks, it gives teenagers a crash course in life skills that inspire them to feel independent. They’ll meet new people, stay away from home, take on adventures and challenges and be given a platform to have their voice heard to pursue a passion project. First up they’ll meet loads of new people and battle some outdoor adventures together. The next week they’ll be taking on challenges like cooking and public speaking and they’ll get their entrepreneurial hats on to think up some ways to do good in their local area.
Phases of NCS
In your first week, during the Be Epic and Live Life phases, you’ll come together as a team and learn new life skills, whilst staying away from home for four nights and five days.
The second week will be your Do Good and Go Party phases, where you’ll carry out and celebrate the social action project your team design and deliver for your community.
Why CACT NCS?
- CACT is the local delivery partner for NCS in Bexley, Greenwich, and across Kent.
- CACT’s delivery of the programme started in the London Boroughs of Greenwich and Bexley in 2011 and started in North Kent in 2014 and West Kent two years later
- The programme has consistently grown since then and CACT became the local delivery partner for areas in Kent such as Medway and Maidstone.
- Since 2014 CACT has delivered the programme to over 4,300 young people who have contributed 130,000 voluntary hours, giving back to our local communities.
- In 2019, more than 1,000 young people attended CACT's NCS programme throughout the summer.
- CACT's delivery model is known for its overall quality, encompassing a wide social mix of young people with a strong workforce to deliver all of our key outcomes.