Join us for the Upbeats Walk 2019 and help fundraise for the project!
We had such a fantastic turnout last year and can’t wait to see you all again. The Upbeats programme is entirely funded by voluntary donations so your support is greatly appreciated and fundamental to this fantastic cause.
The Upbeats programme was formed to provide regular activities and engagement for young people and adults with Down’s syndrome in South East London and Kent. The project has also reduced isolation for those who attend and their families.
This year's Upbeats Walk will be nine miles long, starting off from Charlton Athletic's Sparrows Lane training ground in New Eltham and ending at The Valley in time for Charlton's fixture against Luton Town.
The Upbeats Walk will finish on the pitch at The Valley. From 1.30pm, the Upbeats will themselves take to the pitch to play Derby County Community Trust's Down's syndrome team and Sutton United's pan-disability team.
This year there will be:
- Free tea/coffee and fresh pastries at the start line
- Free hot food at the finish for walkers
- Free t-shirt included
- Former Charlton players Robert Lee, Bob Bolder, Paul Mortimer and Simon Webster have all confirmed their attendance for the walk.
- Follow the instructions and set up your page
- Join the Upbeats Walk 2019 campaign
- Set your fundraising target (we ask for a minimum target of £100)
- Download the JustGiving app – an essential app for the fundraiser on the go!