In conjunction with the Royal Borough of Greenwich, Charlton Athletic Community Trust (CACT) are delivering the 'Blood Pressure - Be Sure' Programme, aiming to increase awareness, deliver blood pressure checks throughout the Borough and improve access to care for people who have high blood pressure. Almost half of those who have high blood pressure don't know it, and are unaware of the risks.
High blood pressure puts strain on blood vessels, heart and other organs such as kidneys, eyes and brain. Having persistent high blood pressure can increase the risk of developing potentially life-threatening conditions like heart failure, strokes, kidney disease and vascular dementia, so it's really important to have it checked.
The following Pharmacies in the Royal Borough of Greenwich are offering free blood pressure checks:
- St James Pharmacy, 52 Powis Street, SE18 6LQ
- Whinchat Pharmacy, 1 Whinchat Road, Thamesmead, SE28 0DZ
- Temple Pharmacy (Lakedale), 31 - 33 Lakedale Road, SE18 1PP
- Temple Pharmacy (Slade), 6 The Slade, SE18 2NB
- Chemcare Pharmacy, 1 Elford Close, Kidbrook, SE3 9FA
- Worthcare Pharmacy, Gallions Reach Health Centre, Bentham Road, SE28 8BE
- The Village Pharmacy, 9 The Village, Charlton, SE7 8UG
- P E Logan LTD, 209 Trafalgar Road, London, SE10 9EQ